The tube polenta from Trader Joe's is one of my favourites to cook with. I made fries with them here and a made a lovely Mexican dish here. This time I wanted to make a creamy porridge with a hearty helping of grilled vegetables on top.
Tube of Polenta from TJ - 1
Asparagus/Broccoli/Zucchini/Anything you want to use up.
For the creamy polenta -
1. Dice the polenta into small cubes and put them in a saucepan on the stovetop. Add enough water to cover them and set the stove to medium heat.
2. Every few minutes, stir the polenta. they will start breaking down, so keep stirring and adding enough water till they reach a porridge consistency.
3. If the polenta is cooked but there are a few cubes remaining, break them down with a quick whisk and turn of the heat. They will cook in the leftover heat while you cook up the vegetables.
For the vegetables -
1. Wash and drain the vegetables and chop them up into even sizes.
2. After patting them dry with a paper towel, toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
3. Roast them in the oven or grill them or saute them. My tip is to use a panini grill, place the veggies on there and close the top for a super fast grilling.
4. Serve on top of the creamy polenta.
Its a really really simple dish which is super fast and SO nutritious. I hope you like it. What are your favourite dishes with polenta?