Yesterday was a momentous day. It was the first time my hubby and I were sick at the same time since we got together. And we celebrated it with some amazing vegetarian noodle soup!
Onion - 1
Carrots - 2
Celery - 2 stalks
Garlic - 2 pods.
Vegetable stock - 4 cups
Sweet and sour sauce - 2 tablespoons
Noodles - 1 Package
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
1. Saute onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil.
2. Add the carrots, celery and optional vegetables and continue sautéing.
3. Add the noodles and sweet and sour sauce and mix them.
4. Add the vegetable stock and salt and pepper to taste.
5. You could add any other fresh herbs that you love.
6. Let the mixture cook for abt 10 minutes.
7. Add more water if the soup thickens up.
I served it with some toasted sour dough bread. It was a completely filling meal and heavenly for our scratchy throats and inflamed sinuses. Perfect winter food and sick day food! Let me know if you try it.
Thanks for reading!!