Remember the stuffed capsicums? I had a half a packet of that veggie beef mince (tofu mince). That is how this recipe was born. I didn't source this recipe from anywhere. Just common sense and lot of time at hand. It tasted very very good though. Perfect crunchy compliment to a creamy pasta.
Recipe - only for meatballs
Veggie beef mince
Some diced onion
Some cheese - grated
Any herbs you would like to add
Sorry about the imprecise ingredient list. Like I said, this is really a throw in what you have kind of recipe.
- I diced up the onions really finely.
- Added some chopped parsley and mixed it with the beef mince.
- I added the cheese last.
- After seasoning with some salt and pepper, I made little balls out of them.
- If your mixture won't hold together, add a little bread crumbs to it.
- Now I rolled the balls in breadcrumbs and froze them for about half an hour.
- Final step is to deep fry them till they are golden.
- Serve over spaghetti. I served mine over an Alfredo sauce and broccoli spaghetti.